Monday, 3 March 2008

Work and Play

First weekend back in London was great!

Went for a nice long run from Islington in North London back to Canada Water in the East. Then went to meet Jini, Yung and Patric at Snazz Sichuan, a Szechuan joint at Euston where every dish we ordered was covered with red chilli oil!

It was a real dilemma - being torn between eating more of the yummy food, or having my tongue go completely numb from the szechuan peppercorns. Nevertheless, the food was great and we all had a swell time teasing Jini because she came "very slightly" overdressed to the restaurant (YSL bag and all!). Heh, according to her, she got all dressed up because Yung never brings her anywhere nice enough to wear her pretty dresses! Listening to their banter makes coming back to London completely worthwhile!

On Sunday, the SSG came to pick Nik and I up in Hansum and we went to the Chinese Supermarket at Greenwich, where we bought enough to feed a small army! We then came back and had Yu Sheng, as Nik had yet to "lo hei" this year.




On the work front, things have been pretty interesting - because of staff shortages, I have been dumped in the deep end where I am feeling slightly out of my league. All my friends are pretty shocked that I am actually averaging a 12 hour day (I'm normally a big slacker, you see)! And this is despite me making a conscious effort to leave work at a semi-decent time! But at least I am learning, so that's great!

My favourite moment from work thus far - Getting complemented for my written commentary on an Asian Commercial Property Fund who presented to us, and then having other colleauges (who heard about it through the grapevine) ask me whether I could email it on for them to read!

My favourite moment from the weekend - Waking up from a nap at about 6pm on Sunday evening to find that it was still sunny outside! It's amazing what a bit of sun can do to brighten up one's mood...

No comments: