Having been sick for the past week and having passed it on to Nik, we pretty much spent most of Saturday and Sunday flat out on our backs recuperating. I tried to get some work done on Saturday, but my throbbing head simply made concentration impossible. So in such trying circumstances, what option does one have except to put on some episodes of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and crash out! By the way, the female Terminator on the show (Summer Glau is her name - sounds like a porn star name, if you ask me) is hot! Here is a pretty cool poster of her from the show:

Saturday evening saw us meet the newly engaged Aaron and Maya (congrats guys!) as well as Dror for dinner at Kulu Kulu Sushi. We literally ate and ate until we couldn't eat any more. The general consensus was that the Ebi Tempura Hand Roll (with Salmon Sashimi, Salmon Roe and Avocado) was the pick of the night - with several of us having had more than a couple! My only regret was that I forgot to take a photo of the "leaning tower of Pisa" that we had constructed out of empty sushi plates. Nevertheless, here is one of the happily eaten out sushi-patrons:
Aaron and Maya are the couple on the right
We then adjourned to (what has become) our weekly poker session - this time at Aaron's and Maya's place at Hammersmith. Yung's car refused to start, so Dror and I had to go pick him and Terry up from the City. Yung - Looks like it is time to drag the car over to Brixton, so that someone will (hopefully) steal it, and you can claim insurance?
Once the game started, I found myself having to buy-in in the 2nd round, after deciding to go "all-in" against Dror. This brought back (not so fond) memories of the last time I played with Aaron and Dror, where I also went bust in the 2nd round of the night, and then failed to win a single round. Luckily for me, I recovered quite well this time, and ended up in positive territory over the night.
The girls doing the domesticated thing and kindly getting some drinks for us...
...While the guys reinforce the chauvinistic stereotype by waiting to be served!
This pic is of me scowling at my cards before the flop...
This next pic is of me, at the same round, perking up after realising that I was onto a winning hand. I really need to work on my poker face...
Most of Sunday was spent at the bike store, where I cajoled and bargained my way to a new Bianchi Via Nirone 7, which was on a 50% discount because it was a 2005 model. Plus I managed to get a deal on the helmet (in matching Bianchi colours!), lights, shoes and lock (so important in London!) as well. I don't know much about road bikes, but this one was a far better ride than the Trek 1200 that I had test ridden previously. The guys at the bike store seemed to approve that I had gotten the Bianchi instead of the Trek or the Scott, so that resonates well with me too.
Many thanks to everyone who chipped in for the bike as my birthday pressie. This picture is for all of you!
Now the tricky part is not getting run over while I try (rather clumsily at the moment) clipping my cleats into the bike pedals at traffic lights. London roads are not forgiving. Hmmm....
No comments:
Post a Comment