Nevertheless, this didn't stop a bunch of us from going for a long run around Regent's Park and Primrose Hill on Saturday morning. On hindsight, running in the cold and the rain for 2 hours probably wasn't the best idea as I have been sick since Sunday night and didn't go into work today.
I suppose that all the unhealthy food I ate after the run didn't help either. After we all washed up from the run (except Chyi, who chose to market the latest Jelly Pong Pong scent called "Au Naturale" *grin*), we went to Oriental City up in Colindale where we bought back Nasi Lemak (with Ayam Rendang), Chicken Rice, Chye Tow Kuay, etc. Heh, if you think we were being greedy, Chyi polished off 2 portions of Asam Laksa all on her own!
But the highlight of the trip up to Oriental City was bumping into Siang Yew and Lindsay (who was pregnant with her first kid), our classmates from college who we haven't seen for ages! After making arrangements to meet up with Siang for dinner at the Easton (Lindsay couldn't come as she was 1 month away from popping!), we returned to Great Portland Street where we gambled the afternoon away.
I am happy to report that I had a wicked run of luck going the entire afternoon, and ended up winning most of my hands. I even managed to get a Straight Flush - Yung insisted that I take a picture of it, as none of the guys had ever seen one arising during live play.

At about 8.30pm, Easton's Saturday Steak Night beckoned and we all adjourned to Farringdon, where we linked up with Chyi, Johann, Siang Yew and Sham. Jini and Yung came along as well, as they coincidentally were uni hallmates with Siang at Nottingham. Patric tagged along for the Easton Goose Fat Chips - Who can blame him? They are that good...



Nothing gets between Yung and his T-bone!

And now it is Monday night - I have had a thoroughly unproductive day sleeping and hacking up phlegm. Luckiliy for me, my flatmate Sui didn't go into work today, so she made me porridge with minced pork and dried scallops. Thanks babe - the tasty and healthy food made the day much more bearable.
As I now watch Nik and Sui play Rayman 2 on the Wii (they are playing some weird game where they have to stick the remote controllers on their heads to simulate concentrating at chess??!!), I contemplate whether I should go into work tomorrow. I really hate having unproductive days, but I also am conscious of the fact that I am more likely to recover faster if I just stick in bed tomorrow.
I suspect that I will only decide whether to go into work at 7am tomorrow morning...
No comments:
Post a Comment