I'm trying with great determination not to fall asleep while studying revenue recognition methods. It's Saturday night, and I have 2 thick CFA manuals as company for the weekend.
I'm sitting here in my Study watching the River Thames as the rain comes chucking down. The numerous lights from the apartments across the water have merged into a random scattergram of multi-coloured dots.
My one comfort is that the torrential rain reminds me of the tropical weather we get at home. Strangely enough, I have always taken comfort in the rain. To me, one of the worst things that one can experience in life is the sense of the pending storm that is to come. The rain symbolises the fact that the storm has already arrived, and the pressure that has been built up from all the pensiveness can dissapate. The presence of rain usually means that the weather will only get better from here...
Today is Saturday, the 8th of November. On this day in 1960, JFK defeated Richard Nixon for the American presidency. But more importantly, my CFA exam is in 4 weeks time. Despite my best efforts to concentrate, I can't seem to build up a momentum. I have tried looking for appropriate background noise by playing tracks from Bargrooves compilations to the Gladiator soundtrack - nothing seems to be able to settle me down.
I think I am going to write tonight off as an unproductive study night. I'm now going to sleep - will try again tomorrow.
Oh, and it has just stopped raining...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment